Client Manager – Employee Benefits
Our mission is to help clients protect assets and enhance employee outcomes through the delivery of exceptional risk management and employee benefit consulting services and products.
The Client Manager ensures the successful implementation and ongoing service management of health and welfare employee benefit plans.
The Client Manager serves as a project manager for renewals, new lines of business, and / or carrier transitions. As part of the ongoing client experience, the Client Manager is expected to provide well researched guidance and resolution in areas such as claims, file feed integrations, premium billing, coverage issues, and regulatory filing requirements.
Timeliness, accuracy, attention to documentation protocols, and collaboration with clients, fellow team members, and carrier partners is essential.
- Implementation Project Management:
o Facilitate client implementation timelines and execution from inception through delivery.
o Work with carriers on all implementation tasks, including implementation meetings and deliverables (census elections, carrier termination letters, signature documents and associated implementation deliverables).
o Review key implementation documents for accuracy and client intent including contract, and certificates.
o Present, coordinate and review open enrollment material for accuracy and client intent.
o Update and Peer Review Benefit Guides based on changes during open enrollment. Provide to Client Executive for Final review.
- Service Management:
o Ensure client satisfaction with The Fedeli Group’s service performance. Provide guidance, problem solving and day-to day service management to ensure a successful client experience.
o Manage escalated service billing, claims and other service issues. Must understand when to seek guidance from Client Executive when escalated or needs guidance.
o Actively participate in monthly team meetings with Client Executive to review status of work plan for each client when necessary.
o Actively participates in stewardship meetings, renewal strategy and recommendation meetings.
o Assists with the completion of the Annual Stewardship report, including Client Advocacy, Goals setting.
o Manage and execute new and existing client onboarding process: HRWS, Fedeli Communications, Business Associate agreements, broker of record letters, data release authorizations, carrier portal authorizations, etc.
o Actively participate in compliance audit meetings with Client Executive. Complete Compliance Audit Checklist and provide to Client Executive for delivery to client.
o Assist Client Executive with various Regulatory Compliance requirements (PCORI Fee, RxDc reporting, Affordability)
o Peer review all client facing documents and contracts and complete applicable sign-off sheet. Provide to Client Executive for final review.
- Documentation Management: Ensure that all client related documentation is accounted for and organized per company guidelines, including:
o Carrier benefit summaries, SBC’s contracts and certificates
o Prepare Renewal Summary within 30 days after renewal.
o Regulatory Compliance Reviews
o Ensure agency management system is accurately reflected with carrier contacts, client contacts (to include distribution codes and birthday)
- Client Projects: Collaborate with Client Executive and other team members to complete client projects: prescriptions re-pricing, network discounts and other projects as requested.
- • A passion for delivering an A+ client experience
• Ability to write with clarity and purpose
• Desire to work in a team environment
• Relationship building skills – clients, carriers, and associates
• Project management – design, implementation, execution
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (intermediate)
• Employee benefit program knowledge: products, contract features, ERISA (as applied to the management of health and welfare plans)
• A commitment to accuracy and peer review
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, cell phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
Full Time Position – 40-hour work week
Required Education & Experience
- Successful candidates will have at least three years of experience providing outstanding client service in the employee benefits industry.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Demonstrating niche expertise (e.g. filing requirements, carrier systems, contract review) will be a plus.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Industry professional designations such as CEBS or similar are desired.