Drug Trend Report 2017
| CVS Health
As we proceed through the year, The Fedeli Group is committed to keeping you informed on industry trends and carrier performance. CVS Health, a major player in the pharmacy benefit management (PBM) industry recently released their annual Drug Trend Report. Among the highlights presented were the following:
• Reduced drug trend for commercial clients to 1.9%.
• Contained drug price growth to 0.2%.
• Lowered monthly drug cost per member by 10 cents to $11.89.
• Increased member adherence on key categories like diabetes, hypertension and hyperlipidemia by as much as 1.8%.
• Plans to address expensive Specialty drugs through targeted programs.
• Committed to help keep drugs affordable through their Saving Patients Money initiative that provides greater pricing transparency.
Click here to see the full Drug Trend Report